Some Past Projects for our Customers
DP World DCT - Djibouti – Oracle DataGuard Configuration and training
Between March and May 2014, we setup and configured for DP World Doraleh Container Terminal (DCT) in Djibouti, their Disaster Recovery site Oracle Standby Databases and Data Guard for five (5) Oracle 10g and Oracle 9i databases, as well as provided training on Data Guard, Database Administration, Performance Tuning, Cloud Control, and Database Vault.
Kenya Revenue Authority –Oracle Exadata Database Machine
In November 2013, we migrated the KRA Customs Oracle 10g Database on Solaris to Oracle 11g Release 2 in Oracle Exadata Database Machine on Linux.
National social Security Fund –Oracle Infrastructure Setup
In September 2013, we setup and configured for National Social Security Fund the software infrastructure to host their newly acquired Social Security and Pension Administration System (SSPAS) which involved the following:-
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Linux 6.3. and Oracle Linux 6.4 (The Operating System environment for the Application)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware JRockit installation on five IBM Blade Servers, to provide the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for a production systems
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Weblogic 11g installation, Domain Creation, and Clustering, three (3) Application Servers to host the SSPAS main application based on Oracle Developer 11g Forms and Reports, serving internal clients.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms and Reports installation and configuration of clustered servers.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware Weblogic 12c installation, Domain Creation, and Clustering, three (3) Application Servers to host the SSPAS eServices serving external clients.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware: Oracle HTTP Server deployed on 3 servers, Installed and configured to front-end the application
- Oracle 11g Release 2 Grid Infrastructure to provide the Real Application Clusters (RAC), and Automatic Storage Management (ASM) binaries.
- ASM Cluster File System configured to provide true Cluster Filesystem for shared storage between application servers
- Oracle ASM configuration
- Oracle Real Application Cluster configuration
- Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Real Application Cluster database installation and configuration on 2 IBM Power Series servers running AIX 7.1
- Oracle Data Guard configuration for Oracle Database 11g Standby Database protecting the live environment.
Family Bank – Business Intelligence reports offloading, Oracle Active DataGuard Configuration, and Technical support
Family Bank was faced with a challenge of obtaining Real-Time Business intelligence reports from their online system.
The solution we offered and implemented was an Active Data Guard environment that was clustered in RAC, on ASM storage, whose standby was enabled for Real Time Apply. This basically meant that the BI reports could be generated from the DR site in real-time, without compromising their production environment, hence affecting the Bank’s clients. They are smiling all the way in the bank up to now.
Bamburi Cement – Business Intelligence offloading, Oracle Active DataGuard Configuration, and Technical support
We were charged with improving the performance of an Oracle 10g Database which was consuming an unacceptable amount of processing and reporting time, there by affecting timely decision making.
By the end of our tuning input, the reporting time for daily reports was down to 5 minutes, while monthly reports was down to 22 minutes from 2 hours.
Kenya Power Generating company – Disaster Recovery
Created a Standby Database for ensuring near real-time updates automatically received and applied at the DR site from the live production environment, 187 KM away.
Trained the staff responsible for this environment on how to administer and manage it.
Chase Bank Limited– PERFORMANCE Tuning and Database recovery
Performed database recovery for the bank’s core business application Oracle Database, failed. The database, Oracle 11g Release 2 running on Solaris 11 Operating Environment, was clustered, and stored in an ASM shared storage, where a disk containing most of the database’s datafiles had failed.
Later, the bank installed its own switching system. They soon started experiencing reported timeouts from their clients’ ATM transactions. The timeouts would cause several undesirable transactions. We applied our tuned the database, and cut down the timeouts by over 1,400%.
Provided Data Warehouse training to SYSTECH Limited.